Hot Rodding a Harman/Kardon T20 Part 4.


The parts from Germany did not show up for the weekend (probably due to COVID-19). First I thought it was a bad thing but it actually gave me time to go over some details. The plinth was riding a bit high on my first set of squash feet. The feet could be made almost half the height if the balls where cut in half. But how do you cut several balls to the exact same height? My solution was to 3D print a tool so I could mark the balls consistently and I then cut them in half with an X-Acto knife. You can download the Squash Ball Half Marker from here.


In the image below, top left: the marker tool (with a half ball inserted), bottom left: a ball cut in half, top right: the new feet (printed out and post processed), bottom right, half a ball inserted into the new feet. You can download the new feet here.


And this is what the new feet looks like mounted on the bottom plate. The TT sits perfetly on these new half ball feet.


I also went back to the dust cover. It had a couple of deep scratches so I wet sanded them with 1200 grit. I then wet sanded the whole cover with 2000 grit followed by machining with G3 and Scratch-X. The dust cover is now almost perfect.


The dust cover was missing one of its bumpers. The stock one can be seen in the picture below to the right. To the left is a pair of “things” I printed on the 3D printer.


I then glued my newly printed “things” to the dust cover replacing the stock bumpers.


That is what I managed to get done over the weekend. I am now waiting for the package to show up from Germany, it should show up this week...